First, let's go over a quick review of what mold is. Every kind of mold is a fungus, just like mushrooms and lichens, for example. The mold that is toxic to humans is rare in the fungi world, meaning most kinds you find in your house or business aren't harmful. However, some molds are dangerous, so any mold you find indoors must be cleaned up and completely removed.
Government experts recommend that you contact a mold remediation contractor Fayetteville NC company for assistance if the mold growth takes up more than 9 square feet. When you see any frightening amount of mold growth, though, it's wise to call for help from professional mold removal services. Certified technicians can help you make sure there is no hidden mold in other places around the structure using tools such as hygrometers, thermometers, laboratory-grade mold test procedures and more.
Before you choose any company, check that they are certified properly and that they are approved by groups such as the Contractor Connection, Restoration Industry Association and the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration. You can also make sure the company knows and follows federal mold cleanup recommendations whether your mold is in a business or a residence.
You should mitigate any fungal growth you find to stop further harm, and do it right away. If not, harmful mold will keep eating on your home or business and can destroy your things. Some types of mold, those that release mycotoxins, can also cause sever health problems ranging from neurological damage to respiratory and mold-related infections and generally poor health. Mold can be especially dangerous for infants, children, and anyone with a compromised immune system such as people with AIDS/HIV or lupus.